Monday, January 11, 2010

Time Flies


Wow! Has it been that long since I posted last? Where did all that time go? Okay, here is some more information on that book I read during the summer. How to Beat Bobby Fischer 1997 edition was a fairly good book. Sixty one lost games played by Bobby Fischer and analyzed by Edmar Mednis. Thoughtful analysis and commentary on most every game. I would have liked to have seen it in Algebraic notation. But this was about the best way you could print a book in English Descriptive notation, to me. All the games had the main lines printed in bold and the variations and comments were in standard text. This made it easier, to me anyways, to navigate the book. I don't have access to a prior copy of the book before the 1997 edition. But I am assuming that the Part Five: 1972-1997 section of the book was added starting with this 1997 edition. It covers some talk about the Fischer-Spassky rematch of 1992. But there are no games analyzed or shown in this section. Besides that, I thought it was a fairly decent book. I learned that even theee very best of the best in chess can get his behind handed to him every once in a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment